Caffeine is often found in pre-workout supplements because it functions as a stimulant. Some people are sensitive to it, or they just don’t like the way it makes them feel.
Therefore, many supplement companies have started coming out with caffeine free pre workout supplements.
With the help of these supplements, you will still be able to get in a great workout and not worry about any adverse effects.
The Benefits Of Caffeine Free Pre Workouts
Pre-workout supplements that don’t contain caffeine aren’t necessarily less effective than a regular one. Yes, it’s a staple ingredient, and nothing comes close to it, but it is not a requirement for getting in a good workout.
In fact, a caffeine free pre workout has several key benefits.
1. No Adverse Effects
Caffeine is a central nervous stimulant. Once it is ingested, a significant increase in energy will be experienced. If you haven’t built a tolerance for it, it can cause adverse effects such as nausea, sweating, and increased heart rate (1).
That means if you’ve never taken a pre-workout supplement containing caffeine and jump right into one massive serving, you could get the opposite effects.
With a caffeine free pre-workout, you won’t experience those potential adverse effects—no worrying about anxiety, nausea, or excessive sweating. It will just help you with one thing, and that is getting in a great workout session.
2. Take It Whenever You Like
A pre workout without caffeine can be taken whenever you like, even late in the evening. Those of you that train late in the evening will love caffeine free pre workout supplements.
When caffeine is taken 6 hours before bedtime, it can have disruptive effects on your sleep (2). So when your product doesn’t contain it, you can actually take it several hours before bedtime and have zero issues with getting a good night’s rest.
Personally, I train in the evening after work. When I take a pre containing stimulant like caffeine, I feel the effects for hours, which messes with my sleep.
It keeps me awake, and the next day I feel the fact that I didn’t get enough rest. But with a stimulant-free product, I’m able to take it late in the evening. It helps me smash a workout and won’t have me toss and turn in bed.
3. No Crash Afterwards
We’ve all heard of or experienced the ”pre-workout crash”. A crash means you’re feeling sluggish and fatigued after taking the pre. Don’t get me wrong, I think caffeine is a great compound, but it does have downsides.
The crash is often caused by the stimulants that start to wear off and drain your energy. But, with a caffeine free pre workout, you won’t experience a crash afterwards. You’ll be able to be productive even after finishing your workout.
What To Expect From A Pre Workout Without Caffeine?
What can one expect from taking a pre-workout supplement that doesn’t contain any stimulants such as caffeine?
If you get yourself a properly formulated product, you can expect the following effects:
- Increased nitric oxide (blood flow), resulting in enhanced muscle pumps and better mind-muscle connection.
- Improved cognitive functions. It primarily helps boost focus during workout sessions.
- More energy and alertness. Push on for longer and helps you get the most out of each training.
Supplement companies often find ways to replace specific ingredients and, in this case, caffeine. Therefore, a caffeine free pre workout supplement will work just as well.
They’ve found ways to make them just as good, giving you those pumps, focus, and energy bursts.
If you’re after a stronger product containing stimulants, check out our product Wrecked.
Essential Ingredients In Caffeine Free Pre Workouts
When you’re after a high-quality caffeine free pre workout, you need to watch for the following essential ingredients:
- Beta-Alanine – a potent ingredient for boosting athletic performance (3). It helps you go on for longer, increasing the time to exhaustion. Expect to get in more repetitions and more sets during a workout.
- GlycerPump – a patented and advanced form of glycerol powder. Glycerol powder has shown to positively influence exercise performance (4). It’s also great for boosting muscle pumps.
- L-Citrulline – a nonessential amino acid sourced from watermelon. It’s shown promising effects when it comes to boosting nitric oxide (NO), and aerobic exercise performance (5).
- BCAA’s – Branched-chain amino acids are excellent for reducing muscle fatigue and soreness (6). BCAA’s and EAA’s might also stimulate muscle protein synthesis, making them a great post-workout supplement as well.
- Choline Bitartrate – Choline is an essential nutrient. It is often found in caffeine free pre workout supplements to help boost cognitive functions (7). This can lead to a better focus during training sessions.
- Beet Root Extract – a root vegetable with several promising benefits. It can help with improving nitric oxide, resulting in better muscle pumps. Besides that, it can also improve vascular function and insulin resistance (8).
Make sure you are buying a product that combines several high-quality ingredients like the ones mentioned above.
A good combination of ingredients is what will determine the effectiveness of your pre-workout. If certain ingredients are missing, the chances are that you won’t experience the benefits you want.
The Best Caffeine Free Pre Workout
There’s plenty of different stim-free pre’s available. But over at HugeSupplements, we’ve created a potent product that boosts your workout from various angles.
All this while containing zero caffeine or other stimulants. We bring you Pump Serum – the best caffeine free pre workout.
Pump Serum was formulated with 10 different ingredients that help boost focus, muscle pumps, and energy. One scoop is nearly 16 grams, almost double the amount you’ll find in your average product.
One scoop consists of the following ingredients:
- Choline – 980mg
- GlycerPump – 3g
- Betaine Anhydrous – 2.5g
- Agmatine Sulfate – 1.5g
- Beet Root Extract – 1g
- L-Tyrosine – 1g
- Pomegranate Extract – 1g
- Pink Himalayan Salt – 400mg
- Vasodrive-AP – 254mg
- Huperzine A – 200mcg
The broad range of ingredients is what makes Pump Serum so effective. Each compound contributes to boosting a certain angle of your workout, whether it’s the focus, energy, or pump.
The Bottom Line
Caffeine is a stimulant often found in pre-workout supplements and thermogenic fat burners. It has several benefits, but also comes with downsides.
Some of us aren’t big fans of this stimulant because of how it makes us feel. That’s why you’d instead go with a caffeine free pre-workout.
It still helps you optimize exercise performance but doesn’t cause any adverse effects. Supplement companies instead use other unique and high-quality ingredients to achieve similar effects.
Our product Pump Serum was formulated to bring you the best of the best. With 10 effective ingredients, it’ll boost workout intensity without the use of stimulants.